Toontown's Official Light Clan Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lightly Glazed.

Go down

Lightly Glazed. Empty Lightly Glazed.

Post  SlightlyBurntToast Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:55 pm

A book sample by yours truly... Slightly Burnt Toast!

The raindrops that were falling all over my new shoes was no issue compared to the fact that the cutest boy I knew was standing over me, leaning in closer and closer. I looked into his beautiful dark green eyes, leaned forward, and then a sound of an alarm jolted me awake. I almost wanted to cry right in my bed. It was just a dream, I told myself sadly. He doesn't really like you. He has a girlfriend, the captain of the cheer team. I should have known better, anyway. With my crazy talent, he would easily think I was a freak and never speak to me. Of course, he would probably have me arrested first, like every other sensible human being on this planet.
" " my mother called from downstairs. "Breakfast!"
"Coming Mom!" I shouted back.
By the time I got downstairs, I was prepared for the same lecture I got every morning.
"Now remember", Mom said. "Don't....
"Yes, I know. Don't show your powers off.
Your probably wondering by now what my power is. See, when i was a little baby, my mother caught me playing with a lightbulb. She claims she saw my harness the light from a lamp and put it in the lightbulb, causing it to glow. Faster than that light had traveled to my little hand, she knew I had my grandmother's gift- the power of Light. In fact, that power had caused us to move from my old town. At school, a bully was teasing me about the thing I drew, possibly my best piece of work at that age. She ripped it to little pieces and I cried. The sadness soon turned to anger, and I summoned all the lights in the classroom and shot a jet of light towards her. I was expelled, and we quickly moved to as far as we could go: Enlight Valley, Arkansas.

That's a sample of the first chapter. If you want to read more, please send feedback. Also, I can't quite think of the girl's name. I'll choose what I think works best with the story. Thank you Smile
SlightlyBurntToast
SlightlyBurntToast
New Spark

Back to top Go down

Lightly Glazed. Empty Title

Post  SlightlyBurntToast Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:58 pm

By the way, thats not gonna be the title xD I just couldnt think of anything else
SlightlyBurntToast
SlightlyBurntToast
New Spark

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum